Tuesday, September 1, 2009

What Next?

Sometimes in life you can find yourself standing there wondering where are you going, what are you doing, how are you going to get there. I feel myself at this point. After 2 months of taking it easy after chemo and radiation, my children have now started back to school and summer feels like it is almost over. My energy level and memory is improving but certainly not to the level that I’d like it to be. So what next with my life? I have felt a little out of balance lately and made personal goals to get this in check. My summer was a “boat” load of fun, but now it is time to focus on how I am going to take care of myself and my children from here on.

I’m a dreamer, a visual person. I have big plans for my solo life...lofty goals and high aspirations. I know I can do it. I have all the right people in place to help me get to where I want to be…where I dream to be. Life is worth the risk! The risk is worth the rewards! I have a second chance at my dreams coming true. I’m happy to realize this now instead of 20 yrs from now. I know anything is possible. I’ve learned that you can not depend on others to make you happy, to do the things you ask of them nor make your dreams come true. It is up to you and no one else. Along the way you can seek guidance but in the end it is only you who can make the biggest difference in your own life.

Life is a journey. I’ve hit some bumps along the way. There have been some road blocks and mountains to go over but it’s worth the ride. On this day, ask yourself if you have lived your dream. What if tomorrow life changed drastically for you...are you happy where you are, where you are going? What change can you make today to reach your goals?

Life is worth enjoying every minute, everyday. Worry about nothing, pray about everything. Open your heart to love and see what happens. Open yourself to change and see what opportunity comes about.

Blessings,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment