Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Live, Love, Laugh!!!

It’s been 7 weeks since my final radiation treatment. I’ve taken the time to get some much needed rest. Spent quality time with my children and friends and time to discover new people in my life. This summer’s goal for me has been to “Live, Love and Laugh”. Something that I haven’t done for a long time.

What does it mean to me to “Live”?
To live is to feel alive. Not just breathing and waking every morning but really alive. To know the feeling of contentment. To be able to sit back and look around you and feel full of life. To watch children play and laugh, to listen to a bird chirp and take a moment to thank God for new life. To feel the wind blow against my face while on the back of a motorcycle and feel the free to what life has to offer. And to realize that life is going to be good and smile just believing it. This is what living feels like to me. How about you? Are you really alive?

What does it mean to me to “Love”?
Love has always been different for me personally. My love has become more unconditional and when I give it – I give all of it. I made a conscious choice years ago to open my hear and to love everyone regardless of differences. Love my family, love my friends, love my clients, love people. Now when it comes to a more meaningful love – my love goes much deeper. It’s a love that is accepting, forgiving, trusting, giving, passionate and more to another level. It’s a love where I give all of my heart away. This love comes from deep within my heart and soul. What does love mean to you?

What does it mean to me to “Laugh”?
“Laughter is the best medicine” rings so true to me. I haven’t laughed in a long time. I find myself laughing more and more each day and even though it takes my breath away because of the treatments and being short of breath it still feels so good to laugh again. Laughing at life, at thoughts, at others and at myself is helping me feel alive again. When was the last time you really laughed?

No comments:

Post a Comment