Wednesday, May 20, 2009

What shoe are you?


If you had to compare yourself to a shoe – what shoe would you be? I heard someone describe their husband as a well worn loafer recently and it got me thinking. What shoe am I?

I would describe myself as a well worn sandal. I love sandals. They are comfortable and with a little heal they make your feet look pretty. My sandals are strappy and simple. I like ones that I’ve worn for a long time. However, the heels are a little worn out. They have scratches on them. They have dirt stuck on the bottom and may look as if they have been chewed on by a dog. One would think to buy a new pair and I have, but it was the exact same pair because I liked them so much. They were comfortable – what can I say.

Remember the expression “put yourself in my shoes” or “walk a mile in someone else’s shoes and you’ll really know where they are coming from”? Is it really possible to put yourself in someone else’s shoes or walk a mile in their shoes to know who they are, what they are feeling, where they are coming from? You might get an inkling of what they are feeling but you will never get the fullest extent of who they are and what they are experiencing – good or bad.

Time to get a new pair of shoes…

No comments:

Post a Comment